Monday, February 14, 2011

A public service annoucement - Caramal Macchiato edition

I really like coffee. I mean really like coffee.

One of my favorite beverages to purchase at the Starbucks is their Caramel Macchiato. Last week I noticed a sign up at the Starbucks in our local Safeway store announcing the Skinny Caramel Macchiato. A grande is only 140 calories (compared to the 240 calories of the non-skinny variety), and only 1 gram of fat/0.5 grams sat. fat (this is a big reduction from the 7 grams of fat/4.5 grans sat. fat). I was intrigued, so I picked one up Friday morning on my way to work.

It wasn't that great. I think if I'd had the skinny version first I might have enjoyed it more. The difference in flavor was akin to the difference in flavor between a BJ's pizza and say...a Domino's pizza. Yeah, Dominos is okay, but given the choice, I would always pick BJ's.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment