Wednesday, June 15, 2016

30 Days of Love - Day 10: Make a Decision to Do What the Word Says

Day 10: Make a Decision to Do What the Word Says

“Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.” Matthew 7:24-25

In order to get God’s results, we have to do things God’s way. It will really help you in your Christian walk if you decide from the start that whatever the Word says goes in your life. You have to make a decision that you will no longer try to adapt the Word to your lifestyle, but to adapt your lifestyle to the Word! Then, once you read something in the Bible, even if your flesh isn’t enjoying it, inside you’re committed to making whatever change the Holy Spirit is leading you to make. It may not exactly feel like it, but in your heart, you’re already on it. You’re already looking to change, to make corrections that will put your actions in line with the Word of God.

What’s awesome about living your life according to the Word is that Jesus said that no matter what comes along in life, you will not fall (see the verse above).

On the other hand, Jesus followed up his statement on those who do the Word with how things will go for those who don’t do the Word:

But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall. Matthew 7:26-27

Please note here that both people heard the Word. The key difference is that this one didn’t do what He said. Remember our Scripture from yesterday’s devotion? It said that if we don’t do the Word, we end up deceived. If you’re reading this right now, I think it’s safe to say you don’t actually want to be deceived. Well, if you keep yourself open and ready to act when God gives you direction, then you won’t end up deceived. No, you’re giving God all He needs to deliver you from deception.

If you don’t know what the Word says about your situation, find out! Or maybe you know what the Word says, but you’re not sure what to do with it. Ask God for wisdom! I’ve had this go on multiple times in my life (you can click here for an example), and He has always been faithful to do what He said He would. If He does it for me, He’ll do it for you.

Homework:

Pray this prayer: “Father, I love You. I want to show You my love for You by doing what You say. I make a decision right now to adapt my lifestyle to Your Word. I know that Your ways and Your plan are good and perfect. Your ways are now my ways.”



5 comments:

  1. For a young man who requested a shorter, more his-age-friendly version!

    “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.” Matthew 7:24-25

    If you want to have God's good stuff in your life, you have to do things God's way!

    Jesus said in the verse above that if you live your life by His Words, you will never fall.

    But, he also said in the next couple of verses that those who don't live their lives by His words will fall.

    "But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall." Matthew 7:26-27

    Make a decision today to live your life by His Words!

    Homework:

    Pray this prayer: “Father, I love You. I want to show You my love for You by doing what You say. I make a decision right now to live my life by Your Words. I know that Your ways and Your plan are good and perfect. Your ways are now my ways.”

    Read Matthew 7:24-29 and Luke 6:46-49.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to build my house on my bible. I got to keep good things in my head so I'm not so angry. When I build my house it went be do big so I don't fall so far. Thank You Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! But remember, if you're building "your house" (your life) on the Word, Jesus said you WON'T fall! No limits when you're following Him! *hugs*

      Delete
    2. Hugs. But if I also put one in a home I build if our gets destroyed maybe those people can find it cause bibles might be outlawed by then.

      Delete
    3. One more reason to get the Word planted in your heart. :)

      Delete