Wednesday, September 08, 2010

That'd be a mess...

One of  my daughter's assignments over the next week and a half is to write a research paper on Nevada. I had her make a list of specific things she'd like to study and write about. Eventually, she chose the Hoover Dam. I then told her to make a list of things she wanted to find out about the Dam. Here's the list:

- why it was created
- how it was created
- how it affected them
- how it affects us now
- (note: is it made of pizza? -_-)

Aah, home schooling. It's those moments where I wonder if I should mark up her grade for incorporating the joke, or mark it down for being a smart alec on a school assignment. Thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. No extra marks for the (funny) comments. Hey, at least she has a great personality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extra credit only for a secondary paper on the complete history of pizza, with demographics on which flavors do better in which cities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since she volunteered the pizza comment, that is...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, yeah I didn't give her any extra credit.

    Buuut, Tim's idea is fabulous! I'll let her know who to thank. ;)

    ReplyDelete